Lebanon: Clashes near US embassy
Lebanese security forces dispersed demonstrators on Sunday outside the American embassy at Aokar using water hoses and tear gas. According to press reports, some 150 demonstrators belonging to the Lebanese Communist Party gathered outside the embassy in protest against the Israeli attacks on Gaza and attempted to cross the barbed wire placed around the embassy.
Internal security forces arrived to the scene and worked on separating demonstrators with water hoses and tear gas. According to the AP, security officials said no injuries have been reported during Sunday's clashes.
- Twenty Students Injured in Bid to March on US Embassy in Beirut
- Lebanon: Demonstrators outside US Embassy praise Syria and Iran
- Many injured during protest in support of Palestinians in Lebanon; Jordan demonstration canceled
- Thousands protest against the Israeli attacks on Gaza
- Report: Saudi Police Confront Pro-Palestinian Protesters