Lebanon: Clashes near US embassy
Lebanese security forces dispersed demonstrators on Sunday outside the American embassy at Aokar using water hoses and tear gas. According to press reports, some 150 demonstrators belonging to the Lebanese Communist Party gathered outside the embassy in protest against the Israeli attacks on Gaza and attempted to cross the barbed wire placed around the embassy.
Internal security forces arrived to the scene and worked on separating demonstrators with water hoses and tear gas. According to the AP, security officials said no injuries have been reported during Sunday's clashes.
- Missing Marine in Iraq arrives at Beirut embassy as two dead in clashes with his family in northern Lebanon
- Lebanon: Demonstrators outside US Embassy praise Syria and Iran
- Man carrying explosives arrested near US embassy in Lebanon
- Lebanese Security Forces Prevent Student Protest at US Embassy
- Lebanese activists protest for Gaza in front of U.S. embassy