Lebanon: Colonel arrested on suspicion of spying for Israel
A Lebanese army colonel has been detained on suspicion of spying for Israel, the AP reported on Tuesday. The colonel was not identified.
According to the report, the colonel was arrested last week. He was being investigated about links to Israeli espionage networks.
In recent weeks, a total of 13 suspects were arrested in Lebanon on suspicion of spying for Israel.
- Lebanon: Another colonel arrested on suspicion of spying for Israel
- Lebanese colonel charged with spying for Israel
- Syria arrests Shiite cleric on suspicion of spying for Israel
- Report: German engineer detained in Lebanon on charges of spying for Israel
- Israel arrests Bedouin officer on suspicion of spying for Hizbullah; Hizbullah refuses to comment