Lebanon FM: Syria not to pullout completely until at least April
Syrian troops will not withdraw completely from Lebanon until at least after an April 7 meeting between top Syrian and Lebanese military officers to discuss their redeployment, Lebanon's foreign minister said Sunday.
Lebanese Foreign Minister Mahmoud Hammoud said the joint military commission would set the "duration, time and location in these matters."
He made the remarks after meeting with U.N. envoy Terje Roed-Larsen in Beirut, a day after Roed-Larsen had visited Syrian President Bashar Assad.
It should be mentioned that the London-based Al Hayat newspaper said Sunday Syria's military exit from Lebanon would be complete on April 27 just before the beginning of the Lebanese parliamentary elections.
- Syria vows to withdraw from Lebanon by end of month, says UN envoy
- UN envoy: Syria provides timetable for Lebanon pullout
- UN Envoy Roed-Larsen Leaves Lebanon for Israel
- UN envoy demands disarmament of Hizbullah as Bush warns Lebanon leaders over vote delay
- Syria does not Demand Israeli Withdrawal from Shabaa