Lebanon: French UNIFIL soldier killed in wall collapse
A French soldier with UNIFIL, the United Nations peacekeepers in southern Lebanon was killed on Wednesday in Nakoura, when a wall at his UN compound collapsed over him as a result of heavy rains, according to UNIFIL.
A spokesman said the soldier died after a wall fell on him as he attempted to divert floodwater from the compound. He was treated at a field hospital, but died of his injuries.
"A wall collapsed on him... The doctors couldn't revive him, so he died, unfortunately," the spokesman said. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Ban Ki-moon hints Israel deliberately targeted UNIFIL base
- Southern Lebanon: French peacekeeper dies
- U.N. emphasizes that Lebanese soldier "acted alone" in Israeli shooting case
- Lebanon: Army makes advances in camp as rivals hold talks in Paris
- Hoss: Lebanon will Cooperate with UN despite Disagreement over Shebaa