Lebanon: Israeli soldier killed near border
An Israeli soldier was killed in Ras al-Naqoura on the Lebanon-Israel border, security sources told a Lebanese newspaper on Sunday.
The Daily Star also cited Lebanese media saying that the Israeli soldier was killed by the Lebanese Army fire after an Israeli Army unit attempted to cross the border in Ras al-Naqoura.
Al-Manar TV, the news channel affiliated with the Lebanese Shiite group Hezbollah, said the army has fired at the Israeli patrol because it was heading towards Ras al-Naqoura crossing.
In early December, Hezbollah accused Israel of “assassinating” one of its top leaders outside of his home south of Beirut.
Meanwhile, Times of Israel reported that Israeli Defense Forces exchanged fire across Lebanon border in Rosh Hanikra or Ras al-Naqoura in Arabic.
According to the Israeli newspaper, there were no reported injuries.
“The IDF was reportedly searching the area for a terrorist that may have crossed the border, and was treating the shooting as a terror incident,” the newspaper said.
- Israeli soldier, Lebanese boy killed on border as Israel warns Syria, Hizbullah
- Reports: Israeli forces attacked on border with Lebanon; One soldier killed
- Israeli Soldier Killed in Shooting Incident on the Jordanian Border; New Israeli Incursion Near Jenin
- Israeli troops kill man on Lebanon-Israel border
- At Least Six Israelis Killed in Shooting Attack Near the Lebanese Border; Hizbullah TV: Palestinians Behind Attack