Israel cautions Lebanon over Syrian involvement
Israeli Chief of Staff Benny Gantz warned on Sunday Lebanon against getting dragged into the war in Syria, reported Yedioth Ahronoth.
He called on the Lebanese government against getting caught up in the civil war in the neighboring country.
The government had adopted a policy of disassociation from the conflict in Syria, but Hezbollah has in recent months become involved in the fighting bringing about widespread local and international condemnation.
Lebanese border areas have also come under shelling from Syria.
Syrian regime forces said that the attacks are part of its attempts to crackdown on rebels, while the rebels have fired at Hezbollah strongholds in retaliation to the party's intervention in the conflict.
The Syrian regime has told Lebanon to better control its porous border to prevent the smuggling of fighters and arms.
- Friends of Syria call on Hezbollah to 'stop meddling' in Syria
- Fifteen Hezbollah fighters killed in clashes in Damascus
- Syrian Army 'totally controls' Qusayr, border
- Hezbollah execution video may increase regional tension
- At least 40 Hezbollah fighters, Syrian soldiers killed in Homs province: activists