Lebanon: Man with links to Israel arrested in connection to bombing
Lebanon announced on Saturday it had arrested a man who was a key mastermind in a car bombing that killed a senior official of an armed Palestinian group and who has links to Israeli intelligence.
Israel was accused by the Islamic Jihad that it was behind the May 26 attack which killed senior official Mahmoud Majzoub and his brother Nidal, also a member of Islamic Jihad, in the southern city of Sidon. "Military intelligence was able to arrest one of the key people involved in the bombing that led to the martyrdom of the Majzoub brothers," the army said in a statement.
"Documents and equipment linked with the crime were seized with him, and he has links to the intelligence of the Israeli enemy."
A senior security official told Reuters the suspect's links with Israel were "100 percent".
- Israel Suspects Islamic Jihad behind Car Bombing
- Iran urges Lebanon to investigate Saudi man linked to Iranian embassy bomb in Beirut
- Lebanese man arrested in Cyprus for alleged bomb plot
- UK authorities arrest man over suspected links with Iraq attacks
- Lebanon: Another suspect arrested in connection to Israel spy cell