Lebanon marks 4th anniversary of South liberation
Lebanese Parliament Speaker, Nabih Berri, Tuesday said liberating most of South Lebanon and the West Bekaa form the Israeli occupation in 2000 was achieved by the sacrifices of Lebanese people and the help of Syria.
In a statement marking the fourth anniversary of the South liberation, Berri added the 25th of May has become a symbol of the resistance victory and an approval of the failure of the "Zionist plans in Lebanon."
“The massacres perpetrated by the Israeli occupying troops were not able to weaken the resistance in Lebanon which had achieved the victory with a complete and permanent support from Syria,” Berri concluded.
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Lebanese Official Urges Expatriates in US to Form Group to Face Pro-Israel Lobby
- Lebanon’s Speaker Calls for Formation of National Front to Oppose ‘Israeli Aggression’
- Berri: no Competition with Hizbullah
- Lebanese Parliament to Meet in Southern Lebanon
- Lebanon’s Hizbollah Insists Syrian Troops must Stay