Lebanon PM quits, vows not to head next cabinet
Lebanon's Prime Minister Rafik Hariri and his Cabinet resigned Wednesday.
Hariri conveyed he would not head the next government. Hariri submitted his resignation to President Emile Lahoud during a joint meeting in the presidential palace in the Lebanese capital.
Lahoud is expected to hold consolations with MPs on the new government.
The resignation had been widely expected since parliament amended the constitution last month to extend Lahoud’s term for another three years. (albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Lebanon PM: Cabinet to resign later this month
- Trade unions in Lebanon vow more industrial action
- Hariri vows to include Hizbullah in new cabinet
- Lebanon war report: Israeli minister resigns as pressure growing on Olmert to quit
- Lebanese Opposition Hits Back against Crackdown on Anti-Syrian Activists, As Cabinet Vows to Punish Security Agents