This legendary Egyptian songstress is a Jew who converted to Islam
It is non-other than the legendary Layla Murad. The songstress, originally a Jew from Tiberius, was asked by an Israeli delegation to go back to her Jewish faith, following the Camp David summit. However, although Murad refused, her brother was more than willing and went back to Israel, where he now resides.
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Egypt’s Artists Demonstrate Against Sharm El Sheikh Summit
- Hamas\' Sheikh Yassin Calls on Palestinian Delegation to Pull out from Summit
- Angham to Star in Inam Mohammad’s Next Project
- Egyptian Court Overturns Suspension of Pilot who Barred Israeli Security
- Hundreds of Hamas, Islamic Jihad Members Demonstrate against Camp David