Libya denies CIA report it is seeking to develop weapons of mass destruction
Libya denied Wednesday claims by the CIA that it was trying to acquire or expand weapons of mass destruction.
"These are allegations the CIA habitually puts out to serve interests hostile to the peoples" of other states, said foreign ministry spokesman Hassouna al-Shawesh, noting that Triploi is a signatory of the nuclear non-proliferation treaty, AFP reported.
The CIA made its claims in a report submitted to Congress last month that was made public on Tuesday. (Albawaba.com)
- Syria, Libya reject CIA report on efforts to develop WMD
- CIA: Libya, Syria and Sudan try to acquire weapons of mass destruction
- Sharon: Israel concerned about Libya efforts to acquire nuclear weapons; Tripoli: Sharon suffers from '\'hysteria'\'
- Arab League Committee on Weapons of Mass Destruction Meets in Cairo
- Iraq to US: Eliminate Your Weapons of Mass Destruction