Libya to Finance Three Projects in Niger
Libya is to finance three projects of over 6.5 billion francs CFA ($9 million) in Niger involving the drilling of bore holes, construction of roads and renovation of airport runways, Panafrican News Agency (PANA) reported.
The government daily, Le Sahel, on Thursday reported that the first project had to do with the drilling of 10 bore holes in the Irhazer region in the northern part of the country.
The second has to do with a partial tarring the Agadez-Zinder road (950 km north of Niamey).
The third concerns reinforcement of roadways and extension of the landing runway at Mano Dayak airport in Agadez, said PANA.
Niger authorities were quoted by the agency as saying that “the projects will make a considerable contribution to the country's development effort,” adding they were in line with the poverty alleviation program initiated by President Mamadou Tandja – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Niger Asks for Moroccan Assistance with Rainmaking
- Libya financing infrastructure projects in Niger
- Libya and FAO collaborate on $21 million food security project
- Islamic Development Bank approves than US $447 million for financing new development projects
- $506.5 million fir five new industrial investment projects in Libya