Libya to Give Lebanon 5,000 Tons of Oil in Trade Deal
Libya is to give Lebanon 5,000 tons of oil under an agreement aimed at strengthening relations between Tripoli and Beirut, Libyan foreign ministry spokesman Hassuna Shaush told AFP Wednesday.
The deal also provides for Lebanon to buy Libyan fertilizer, while Libya will purchase 15,000 tons of Lebanese apples and an unspecified quantity of tobacco.
In June Libya lifted a six-month suspension on visas for Lebanese visitors to the north African country, while its ambassador offered Tripoli's help in rebuilding southern Lebanon after Israel ended its 22-year occupation.
Lebanese officials were in Libya this week for the release of hostage Marie Moarbes, who has joint French and Lebanese nationality, one of six freed by Muslim rebels in the Philippines through Libyan mediation – TRIPOLI (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Libya Recalls Ambassador after Parliament Snub in Lebanon
- Libya Denies Holding any Prisoners of Conscience
- Libya shuts down embassy in Beirut, but denies reports on severing ties
- Beirut: Lebanese Hostage in Philippines to be Freed soon
- Iran Denies Joint Probe with Libya into Shiite Cleric\'s Disappearance