Libya Repaying Bulgaria’s Technoexportstroi
Libya has reportedly started to repay its debt to the Bulgarian construction company Technoexportstroi.
Petko Todorov of the political bloc Coalition for Bulgaria was quoted on the Bulgarian news website, Dnevnik, as saying that the money owed was for construction work done since 1996.
Neither Technoexportstroi nor the government specified what part of the debt had been settled, though the company said it expected to receive some $100 million, with $18 million of this due at the end of October 2001.
Meanwhile, Libya subcontracted Technoexportstroi for the construction of a large laboratory for HIV treatment and a drug rehab center in Tripoli, Dnevnik said – Albawaba.com
- Libya, Bulgaria to establish fund for families of children infected with HIV
- Bulgaria Refuses ‘Political’ Trial of Medics in Libya
- Korea Daewoo Engineering Receives $150M Libyan Contract
- Bulgarian Foreign Minister to Arrive in Libya Ahead of Ruling in HIV Trial
- Daewoo to Receive $230m from Libya Next Month