Libyan daily slams Saudi Arabia
The Libyan press attacked Friday the "sick kingdom" of Saudi Arabia. In an editorial headlined: "The Kingdom of the Black Comedy," the state-run Al-Jamahiriya daily lashed out at the "reactionary" policies of what it called "a state called Saudi Arabia."
It said in times of mass media the Saudi regime "could be the best ambassador of the pre-Middle Ages era and a reflection of the cave ages." And the editor asked "What does the kingdom of oil, which is called Saudi Arabia, add to the Arabs, to the Muslims or to the World?"
The Saudi press on Thursday crticized Libyan leader Moamar Kadhafi over his alleged role in a plot to assassinate the kingdom's crown prince.
- Libyan Authorities to Sue Saudi Al-Watan Newspaper for ''Harmful'' Editorial
- Saudi-Qatari tension goes on: Saudi daily slams Qatari Foreign Minister
- Saudi Arabia closes embassy in Libya
- Turkey slams the brakes on its shipping lines with Egypt
- Saudi Grand Mufti slams Prophet Mohammad’s birthday celebrations as '\'heresy'\'