Libyan leader blasts Israel's WMD, labels as ''good'' cooperation with US
Libyan President Colonel Muammar Kaddafi has indicated the secret services of Tripoli and Washington were already working jointly against Islamists as he lashed out at Israel's weapons of mass destruction program.
"Cooperation between Libya and the United States is good," Kaddafi told the Italian La Repubblica Monday.
"There are groups that are working against all of us ... it's possible that there has been cooperation between secret services, especially regarding Libyan citizens who fought in Afghanistan," the Libyan ruler said.
Moreover, the Libyan leader strongly slammed Israel, blaming it of possessing weapons of mass destruction and flooding several Arab countries with drugs.
"I would say that there is a terrorism of individuals and a state terrorism; both need to be stopped. If someone destroys an inhabited building with an air-launched missile you cannot say that it is not terrorism," he stressed.
"The Israelis are throwing hashish along the Egyptian coast, in Syria and in North Africa. Maybe even the hashish that arrives in Libya comes from Israel. In fact, we're certain," Kaddafi said.
"I hope that on this point, the international community isn't deaf and blind as it has been on the point of Israeli weapons of mass destruction. It [Israel] has hundreds of atomic [war] heads and a large chemical and biological arsenal." (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- U.S. not informed Israel regarding secret talks with Libya
- Sharon: Israel concerned about Libya efforts to acquire nuclear weapons; Tripoli: Sharon suffers from '\'hysteria'\'
- Arabs urge Israel to follow Libya and dismantle weapons program
- Mubarak, Assad call Israel to forsake nuclear weapons
- Egypt’s President demands Israel to get rid of all weapons of mass destruction