London Urges Palestinians, Israelis to Continue Negotiations, Put End to Violence
British Foreign Office Minister, Peter Hain has urged Palestinians and Israelis to continue peace negotiations and put an end to the deadly clashes that have claimed the lives of more than 70, and left thousands injured, reported Kuwait News Agency (KUNA).
Hain’s remarks came after a meeting with Palestinian Minister of Planning and Regional Cooperation, Nabil Shaath, said the agency.
"The situation should be managed sensibly in the run-up to tomorrow's Friday prayers to ensure no confrontation between the two sides," the foreign office spokesman said.
The British minister also called on both sides to observe the ceasefire, which has been agreed on Wednesday morning, KUNA added – Albawaba.com
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Sharon Says no Negotiations with Palestinians unless Violence Ends but Wants to ‘Lessen’ their Suffering
- London Calls on Israelis, Palestinians to End Violence
- Israeli Official: ‘Time out’ will Continue until Violence Ends
- Palestinians protest continued negotiations with Israel, urge rejection of Kerry proposal
- Hamas Discloses Names of Be'er Sheva Attackers; Annan Urges Israel to Put End to Virtual House Arrest of Arafat