Maher: Sharon Leading Anti-Egypt Crusade
Egyptian Foreign Minister Ahmad Maher said Saturday that Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon has been leading an anti-Egypt campaign, but has so far failed in harming the Arab country, "because the world is well aware of the role Egypt is playing.”
The Kuwaiti official news agency quoted Maher as telling reporters that it was absurd to say that "Egypt’s fight against terrorism leads to its spillover to other states.”
He said that Sharon “who insulted the United States [by accusing it of selling Israeli off to win Arab support] has been leading an anti-Egypt campaign, getting out from one mistake to get into another.
He also decried attacks on Egypt in the US media, accusing Israel of spreading anti-Arab rumors.
Egyptian media has been condemning a media campaign in Israel and some “Zionist” circles in the west, which claimed that Egypt exported terrorists to several European states, said the agency – Albawaba.com
- Egyptian FM rejects Sharon comments on Cairo role in Middle East peacemaking
- Maher: Arabs Have Nothing to Fear from US War on Terrorism
- Egyptian FM to Demand Peres Give Peace Pledges
- Egypt's foreign minister due to visit Israel for talks with counterpart, prime minister
- Egypt: Palestinain Statehood will Top Talks at UN Meeting