Majid Al Futtaim Properties’ Charity Drive Makes a Difference this Ramadan
Majid Al Futtaim Properties' leading UAE shopping malls have donated almost 100,000 items to charity, after the conclusion of their annual award winning Ramadan charity drive – "Make a Difference This Ramadan".
The UAE community rallied to support the initiative by donating specific items for the cause, which were collected by Deira City Centre, Mall of the Emirates, Mirdif City Centre, Sharjah City Centre and Ajman City Centre, and distributed to relevant UAE charities, who then gifted the items to people in need.
Customers generously donated thousands of clothes, eye glasses and mobile phones which were given to the UAE Red Crescent Society, while the thousands of books donated were passed on to the Juma Al Majid Centre for Cultural Understanding.
Fuad Al Najjar, Vice President, Deira City Centre, said: "It is fantastic to see so many customers from our community get behind our annual Ramadan charity campaign. Each year the initiative goes from strength to strength, and the number of donations achieved this year is truly exceptional. It is a great pleasure to recognise the difference that can be made to those in need, with simple acts of charity and compassion such as these."
In its fourth year, the campaign ran across Maadi City Centre and Alexandria City Centre in Egypt and Bahrain City Centre, in Bahrain apart from the five UAE malls of Majid Al Futtaim Properties.
- Majid Al Futtaim Properties ‘overwhelmed’ with community support for ‘Make a Difference this Ramadan’ charity drive; total of over 89,800 items to be donated to those in need
- Bahrain City Centre ‘overwhelmed’ with community support for ‘Make a Difference this Ramadan’ charity drive
- Majid Al Futtaim Properties’ SAHIM charity for Somalia crisis receives a generous ‘1 Ton of Rice’ from Accor-Majid Al Futtaim Hospitality
- “Shop for Charity” City Mall’s Ramadan initiative 2007
- Help UAE's malls make a difference this Ramadan