Malaysian Cabbie Stabs would-be Robber to Death
An elderly Malaysian taxi driver turned the tables on two knife-wielding robbers, stabbing one of them to death and forcing the other to flee, police said Wednesday.
The driver, aged 61, escaped with four stitches in his hand after the incident near the northern city of Ipoh on Tuesday, local police chief Ahmad Tejuddin Abdul Majeed was quoted by Bernama news agency as saying.
One of the two passengers, who were aged 32 and 40, stabbed the taxi driver from behind. His accomplice in the front seat also took out a knife and tried to snatch money from the driver's pocket.
During a scuffle the driver managed to grab one of the knives and stabbed the man in the front seat, killing him instantly.
Police are searching for the other man, who ran off -- KUALA LUMPUR (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Palestinian Taxi Driver Stabbed by Jewish Passenger
- Israel police claim to foil tractor attack in Jerusalem, Palestinian driver shot
- Chinese Police Academy Graduate Stabs 10 in Knife Frenzy, One Dead
- Iranian Man Stabbed to Death in Istanbul
- Palestinian taxi driver shot dead after accidentally hitting Israeli soldier