Malaysian opposition leader justifies attacks on Israeli civilians
The leader of Malaysia's opposition Islamic party told his supporters Friday the United States was an enemy of Islam and voiced support for Palestinian suicide bombers.
Abdul Hadi Awang, president of the Pan-Malaysian Islamic Party, called the United States and its allies "imperialist powers who are finding ways to be confrontational with Islam."
"The United States and its allies must stand trial before the conscience of the world for unilaterally destroying other nations, all under the rubric and pretext of war against terrorism," Abdul Hadi said, according to the AP.
Abdul Hadi claimed the United States invaded Iraq and Afghanistan because "they hate Islam and they are after the oil and to protect the Zionist Israeli state."
Abdul Hadi described Israel as the "biggest terrorist and criminal" and declared his party would continue to support Hamas and Islamic Jihad.
Later, Abdul Hadi told a news conference: "All Israeli civilians are soldiers and all of Israeli territory is a battlefield." (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Assad slams ''fanatics'' in Bush administration, says Israel is ''terrorist state''
- OIC: Palestinian Suicide Bombing Attacks - Not “Terrorism”
- Turkish Opposition Party Accuses Israel’s Mossad of Planning Terrorist Attacks
- Leader of Hamas in Gaza Strip: ''Bush is enemy of Islam''
- Islamic Jihad rejects U.S. charges