Man Arrested for Arson Attack on Swedish Supreme Court
Swedish police on Friday arrested a man suspected of an arson attack on the Swedish Supreme Court building, Radio Stockholm reported Friday.
The man, whose name has not been disclosed but who was reported to be in his sixties, is suspected of placing a can of burning liquid in the building's lobby on Thursday.
The first floor of the building, located in the Old Town in central Stockholm, filled with smoke and the building was evacuated. No injuries were reported.
The same man was arrested a month ago after starting a fire in the nearby Supreme Court secretariat building, and is also suspected of sending threatening letters to court officials.
According to Swedish news agency TT, the man's motive was believed to be a rental dispute -- STOCKHOLM (AFP)
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Swedish Student Shot Dead in School
- Following Israeli envoy's vandalism of Swedish artwork - embassy asked to relocate
- Sources: Iran expels Swedish diplomat
- Swedish parliament establishes Moroccan-Swedish Parliamentary Association
- Question of Libya's future heightened after Swedish consulate attacked, ICC al-Senussi decision