Marine dies in Iraq as US forces uncover '\'car bomb factory'\'
A U.S. Marine died from wounds he suffered in action in western Iraq, the military said Saturday. The Marine was wounded Friday in Anbar province "while conducting security and stability operations," the U.S. command said. The Marine was the fourth to die this month in Anbar, which includes the cities of Fallujah, Ramadi and Qaim on the Syrian border.
Meanwhile, U.S. forces uncovered a facility where car and roadside bombs were made, and detained 51 people believed linked to a resistance cell, U.S. military officials said Saturday.
The occupation soldiers discovered four vehicles that were to be potentially used as car bombs and several assembled roadside bombs, the statement said. Also found were several automatic weapons, ammunition, explosives and $8,750. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Marine dies in Iraq as US forces uncover ''car bomb factory''
- Bush admits US faces serious difficulties in Iraq as more troops killed
- At least one Iraqi, US Marine die in attacks
- Marine dies as US fire kills Iraqi family
- Two US troops die as Bremer approves recruiting former top officers from Saddam's military