Marine jet crashes in US
A Marine Harrier jet carrying four 500-pound bombs crashed Wednesday in a residential neighborhood in Arizona, forcing the evacuation of 1,300 people.
There were no reports of injuries and the pilot ejected safely, authorities said.
The jet was coming in for a landing at Marine Corps Air Station-Yuma when it crashed in the backyard of a home about a mile from the base, said Marine Cpl. Michael Nease. It was also carrying 300 rounds of 20-milimeter ammunition, he said.
- Three Die as US Marine Helicopter Crashes
- Marine killed after US copter crashes near Fallujah as American soldier killed north of Najaf
- U.S. F-14 Fighter Jet Crashed in Mediterranean Sea; One Killed
- UPS jumbo jet crashes into military base
- US Rep Dan Kilde,D-MI, leaves a message of support for US Marine Corps veteran Amir Hekmati May