Marrakesh denies plans to hold Homosexual conference
In Morocco, Marrakesh authorities denied earlier this week that preparations are underway in the city aimed at holding a gay conference.
"The Wilaya of Marrakesh flatly deny(s) it has any news about the holding of such a conference or that that it has been approached by anyone in this regard", according to a communiqué from the Wilaya’s Press service, cited by MAP news agency.
The communiqué denied press reports that foreign organizations are planning to hold a homosexual conference in Marrakesh and that preparations are ongoing to hold it in the city.
The Wilaya services cannot accept such requests that contradict our cultural and spiritual values, the communiqué added. (Albawaba.com)
- At least 14 killed in Marrakesh explosion
- John Jay College's Conference To Focus on Balancing Security and Social Justice, June 2-5, Marrakesh, Morocco
- The International Oud Festival Moved to Tatwan
- Egypt, Israel and US consider holding conference on Gaza Strip withdrawal plan
- Tight Security for Israeli Parliament Members at Conference in Morocco