Masked Gunmen Assassinate Head of Palestinian Radio and Television
Three masked gunmen assassinated Hisham Mekki, the general head of the official Palestinian radio and television stations, in an attack in the Gaza Strip Wednesday, witnesses and hospital officials said.
One of Mekki's bodyguards told AFP that the gunmen opened fire on the media chief as he was coming out of Gaza City's Beach Hotel before fleeing the scene.
Gaza City's Shifa hospital said that Mekki was shot more than once and that he died instantly -- GAZA CITY (AFP)
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- \'Collaborators\' Assassinate Head of Palestine\'s TV and Radio in Gaza
- Palestinian Authority to Shut All Schools Tuesday after Clashes
- Gaza Strip: Truce collapses with five dead in Hamas-Fatah clashes
- Gaza Strip: Palestinians kill two collaborators
- Israel Denies Involvement in Assassination of Palestine\'s TV and Radio\'s Chief