Mauritania - American computer science professor shot dead
Witnesses on Tuesday said two gunmen shot and killed an American man as he was leaving his car in Nouakchott, the capital city of Mauritania. The man was a computer science professor in El Kasr, a lower class neighborhood.
The men initially tried to kidnap the American, but when he resisted, they pointed their guns and shot many times in the head and face. The gunmen are believed to be part of al-Qaeda’s North African branch.
- Mauritania: Al-Qaeda claims killing of American
- Another attack on foreigners in Saudi Arabia: American shot dead in Riyadh
- Six dead as Iraqi forces plan raid on southern city
- At least 20 killed in Iraq attacks
- Professor shot dead in Baghdad, Iraqi education ministry officer killed as blasts heard inside ''Green Zone'' HQ