Memorandum on Health Project is signed by Jordan and Switzerland
Darwazeh and Ambassador of Switzerland to Amman Paul Widmer signed
on Tuesday a memorandum of understanding regarding the
implementation of an important health project under the second
Jordanian-Swiss agreement on mixed financing signed in 2002.
The Swiss partners SECO, (Swiss State Secretariat
for Economic Affairs) and MOH will cooperate in implementing a
project for strengthening hygiene, laboratory diagnostic facilities
and eye care covering more than 20 MOH hospitals and health
facilities in Jordan.
The project will amount 6.5 million JD and consist in
the supply of equipment as well as consultancy services to ensure
that modern handling processes are applied.
The MOF and Switzerland intend to contribute to the
improvement of health standards in Jordan through the upgrading of
The agreement on mixed financing was signed between
the two countries upon His Majesty King Abdullah's visit to
Switzerland in October 2002. It foresees the financing of priority
projects in the health and the environment sectors in Jordan.
To this aim, an amount of 17 million JD has been
pledged of which 50 % is a grant and the other 50 % is a loan from
the Swiss banks.
A first agreement on mixed financing, signed 1985, has
enabled the financing of projects in an amount of over 30 million JD
in the health, power, cadastre and harbour infrastructure sectors.
- The Royal Health Awareness Society (RHAS) signs Memorandum of
- Memorandum of Understanding between GAM and the Supreme Committee for Military Training and National Education
- Iraq's Ministry of Health and USAID Sign Memorandum of Understanding to Increase Cooperation in Public Management
- Al Ansari Exchange and Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation sign Memorandum of Understanding on collaboration for global health
- Friendship & Cooperation Memorandum between Amman & Naples