MetroPCS Selects Gemalto to Provide LTE Universal Integrated Circuit Cards and Over-the-air Platform
Gemalto’s over-the-air remote management platform will help MetroPCS manage wireless devices and subscriber service delivery in its combined LTE and CDMA network. The LTE authentication is provided by the Universal Integrated Circuit Card (UICC), a next generation SIM card that will be used by MetroPCS in LTE mobile devices to identify subscribers and their services and manage secure access to the wireless network.
"The more customers get of mobile broadband, the more they feel the need for speed," said Andrew M. Seybold, CEO & Principal Consultant, Andrew Seybold, Inc. LTE not only ratchets up the data rates, the fact that it is IP-based will lead to even smarter devices, smarter software and smarter networks. Subscribers are going to love LTE, and the operators who get there first will have a real competitive advantage. MetroPCS is leading the regional carriers and its LTE suppliers like Gemalto are opening the path."
MetroPCS is at the forefront of wireless network technology, as they are among the first companies worldwide to start the migration to LTE, said Sebastien Cano, Gemalto’s senior vice president of North American telecommunications business. We are very pleased Gemalto will be a technology partner in this industry-leading project.
For more information about MetroPCS, visit www.metropcs.com. For more information about Gemalto’s wireless telecommunication solutions, visit www.gemalto.com/telecom.
Source : ME NewsWire
*View this release online and download high resolution logo at:
- MTN Middle-East and North Africa Selects Gemalto’s SIM Security Solution
- Gemalto’s corporate ID products enhance internal security for the Queensland Police Service in Australia
- Gemalto’s Innovative Machine-to-Machine Solution Receives “2009 SmartGrid Product of the Year” Award
- Gemalto Expands Range of Secure Linux Payment Terminals
- HSBC Appoints Gemalto to Facilitate the EMV Migration of Its Credit Cards across 19 Markets in Asia Pacific