Military chief: Syria fully capable of deterring further Israeli attacks
Syria is fully capable of deterring Israel from launching any new attacks like the October 5th air-raid near Damascus, the Syrian army chief of staff was quoted as saying Thursday in the local press reports.
"Syria did not retaliate to the Israeli raid, but is fully capable of deterring Israel and of putting an end to its bellicose adventures," General Hassan Turkmani told a new class of the naval academy in western Lattakia.
Furthermore, Turkmani alleged that "unlimited U.S. support of Israel encourages it to continue a policy of aggression" against the Arabs.
Meanwhile, Turkmani also denounced what he described as "Israel's bill of service," the draft law voted recently by the U.S. House of Representatives to impose economic and diplomatic sanctions against Damascus, accused by Washington of "supporting terrorism". (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Sharon threatens to launch more attacks on Syria as UN to discuss Israeli strike
- Israel preparing for "future wars" in Lebanon, Gaza
- Hezbollah's attack on Israeli military convoy receives praise, blame
- Blowback: Syria warns of 'surprise' retaliation to Israeli air strike
- Syria's Chief of Staff accuses Israel of launching media blitz against all Arabs