Minister: Qatar Expecting $15bn in Energy Investments by 2005
Qatar is expecting 15 billion dollars worth of investments in the energy sector by 2005, said Minister of Finance, Economy and Trade Yousef Hussein Kamal.
"A major chunk of this is expected from the US," he said, cited by the Gulf Times newspaper.
The minister, meanwhile, said that US companies' share exceeded 75 percent of the 28,000 million dollar investments made in the oil and gas sector so far.
"The Qatari market has been growing at a rate of 11 percent during the past five years and the GNP growth is expected to touch 9 percent at the end of the ensuing five year period," he said – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Minister: Qatar to Attract $15bn Foreign Investment in New Industrial Projects
- Qatar expects $15 billion investment in energy sector by 2005
- Abu Dhabi’s world future energy summit wins international award in London
- Global expect that Qatar would continue to record strong trade surplus in 2005
- OPEC losses expected to exceed $75 BILLION in 2001