Minister: Russia close to signing deal on importing Iranian nuclear fuel waste
Russia's Minister of Atomic Energy said Monday that Moscow was close to signing an agreement for it to import radioactive fuel waste from an Iranian nuclear power plant that Russia is constructing in Bushehr.
"The additional protocol to the intergovernmental agreement between Iran and Russia on the construction of Bushehr which settles this question is in the final stages of agreement," Alexander Rumyantsev told ITAR-TASS news agency.
"The document is practically ready and already being drawn up," he added. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Russia Atomic Energy Minister: Moscow to import Iranian nuclear fuel waste
- Russia, Iran to sign nuclear waste accord in January
- Russia confirms nuclear fuel supply to Iran power plant
- Russia to deliver nuclear fuel to power plant in Iran
- Russia determined to build nuclear power plant in Iran, despite U.S. opposition