Ministry of Economy discusses price rise of viewing cards with Al Jazeera Sport
The Consumer protection department at the Ministry of Economy, today, discussed with representatives of Al Jazeera Sport the issue of rising price of viewing cards for FIFA World Cup 2010.
Al Jazeera Sport representatives confirmed to Dr Hashim Al Nuaimi, Director of Consumer Protection Department at the Ministry, who headed the meeting, that the viewing cards are priced from AED 300 to 600 for individuals and AED3000 to 5000 for commercial use.
At the meeting, Al Nuaimi asked Al Jazeera to re-affirm the price of the viewing cards by publishing ads in the UAEs local newspapers and thus inform consumers the accurate price to avoid any price escalation attempts by some distributors.
Al Nuaimi urged consumers to keep the bill of viewing card purchase and report attempts to hike the price.
Al Nuaimi said the Ministry is also keen to prevent coffee shops and cafeterias from increasing price of food and beverages during the World Cup and urged consumers to register their complaints, if any, at the Ministry hot line 600522225.
- Ministry of Economy urges economic departments to monitor market performance during Ramadan
- UAE Ministry of Economy instructs car dealers in Abu Dhabi to adhere to consumer protection law
- Ministry fines Americana AED 10,000 for unauthorized price increase
- Ministries of Economy and Environment to regulate fishing profession and enhance market stability
- Ministry of Economy tours fruits and vegetables, meat and fish markets in Al Fujairah