Mofaz, Dahlan meet to discuss Israeli pullout from two West Bank cities
Israel's Defense Minister Shaul Mofaz is to meet Wednesday with Palestinian Minister for State Security Mohammad Dahlan to discuss the handing over to the Palestinian Authority security responsibility for two additional Palestinian cities, Israel Radio reported. The two cities are presumed to be Jericho and Qalqilya.
Meanwhile, Israeli security sources also confirmed Tuesday that Israel and the PA are discussing relocating Palestinians on the Israeli Army's wanted list to Jericho in exchange for an Israeli pledge not to arrest them.
However, according to the press reports, the sides have not yet reached an official agreement. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Palestinian killed as Israeli DM says troops may pullout from West Bank in ”days”
- Israel, PA to discuss Sunday transferring security responsibility for four West Bank cities
- Dahlan security guards injure Hamas activist in Gaza as another round of talks with Israel ended without results
- Israel’s Mofaz Meets with Palestinian Security Top Men
- Settler shot in West Bank; Israeli pullouts delayed