Mofaz: Hizbullah preparing ''significant attack'' against Israel
Israel's Defense Minister Saul Mofaz warned Tuesday that Hizbullah was planning "a significant terrorist attack" against targets in northern Israel.
"We have a very, very deep understanding that on the northern border they (Hizbullah) are planning a more significant attack than artillery and anti-tank fire at Israeli soldiers," Mofaz said a day after the two sides exchanged fire on the Israeli-Lebanese border. "The northern command is prepared for this," he was quoted as saying by Israel's Army Radio.
Meanwhile, Hizbullah said Tuesday its anti-Israeli attacks in a disputed border region were in retaliation for Israel's actions against the Palestinians and Syria. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Lebanese-Israel border quiet after worst fighting in five years, Lahoud defends Hizbullah
- Mofaz warns Hizbullah, rejects Lebanese compromise regarding Wazzani River pumping station
- Mofaz warns Hizbullah not to attack Israel
- Mofaz: Israeli Army Prepared for Possible ‘bin Laden Attack’
- Haaretz: Israeli Soldiers, Settlers Ordered to Take Measures against Attacks