Month of Photography in Marrakech
The city of Marrakech will host during the months of May and June the fifth edition of the Month of Photography in the city. This year’s events, reports <i>EMarrakech</i>, will take place in two main galleries in the city - the Tadghart Gallery and the Dar Youraziz Gallery.
Tadghart Gallery will host a photo exhibition titled “The Nobility of the Desert People”, by Alan Keohane. The exhibition will be inaugurated on May 13 and opened to the public from May 14 to June 11. Alan Keohane has been living in Morocco since 1993 and has published several books (such as "Bedouin, Nomads of the desert”, published by Klye Cathie, London in 1994 and republished in 2003 and "Berbers of Morocco”, published by Hamish Hamilton in 1991).
Keohane will present black and white photographs representing the life of nomads and inhabitants of the deserts of Morocco and the Middle East (Oman, Jordan, Syria and Egypt).
The Dar Youraziz Gallery will host an exhibition devoted to the work of Ernest Michel, first international reporter to arrive to Marrakech in 1912.
- Heartbeats of Marrakech by Elaine M. Goodwin
- Emirates NBD celebrates the spirit of the Holy Month with photography exhibition titled “Supplications”
- National conference on photography in Morocco
- Annual tennis tournament in Marrakech to be held this month
- Samsung Electronics Levant sponsors Wasleh Photography Workshop