More Bodies Recovered from Kursk Nuclear Submarine
Russian divers have recovered several more bodies from the wrecked Kursk nuclear submarine, a top navy spokesman told AFP Sunday, without immediately specifying how many.
Northern Fleet spokesman Igor Babenko said the bodies had been pulled out of the rear ninth section of the craft, where 23 people are known to have fled for shelter after the explosions that sank the submarine on August 12.
The bodies have been brought up to the Regalia diving platform above the sub, but have not yet been transferred to shore, he said.
Four bodies salvaged earlier this week were moved early Sunday to the Severomorsk navy base, where a last-rights ceremony for the crew will be held later in the day, officials said -- SEVEROMORSK, Russia (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)