More U.S. soldiers, Iraqis killed in attacks, blasts
Two U.S. soldiers were killed and one was injured in a rocket-propelled grenade (RPG) attack near the northern Iraqi city of Tikrit, according to occupation forces.
"Two 4th Infantry Division soldiers were killed and one was wounded in a rocket-propelled grenade and small arms attack southwest of Tikrit at approximately 8:40 p.m. (1730 GMT) on October 18," it said in a statement.
Early Sunday, U.S. troops were hit with grenades and small arms fire near Hawija, and killed three Iraqis when they returned fire.
Elsewhere, on Sunday, an armored U.S. military convoy was attacked in the Fallujah area. American troops opened fire as they sped away, killing one civilian and wounding at least four others, witnesses and hospital officials said.
Meanwhile, two Iraqi bystanders were killed and fifteen others, including three police officers, were injured when an explosive device blew up as police worked to defuse it in a village northeast of Baghdad, police said Sunday.
The officers had found the device in the Dali Abbas village and began to defuse it late Saturday, but it exploded, killing two people among a crowd that had gathered. (Albawaba.com)
- More than 20 Iraqis, US soldier killed in blasts, clash
- At least 10 Iraqis killed by US forces in separate attacks as nine occupation soldiers killed in blasts
- US soldier, two Iraqis killed in attacks as more bodies found in Mosul
- US Soldier killed in Baghdad RPG attack
- Two US soldiers injured in Tikrit blast