Moroccan Jew shot dead in Casablanca
A Moroccan Jew was shot dead Thursday noon by two masked men as he was closing his shop in a downtown market in Casablanca.
Witnesses said the victim died instantly while the two murderers, who were chased by bystanders, managed to run away after they forced a car driver to give them his car, MAP reported.
A cop, who was near the crime location, shot the two attackers but did not hit them. He communicated, however, the description of the car to security services.
Police set up several roadblocks in the city and launched a search operation for the two killers.
"This is the first attack of its kind in Morocco targeting a Jewish individual," said Serge Berdugo, head of the Moroccan Jewish Community association, the Jerusalem Post reported.
- Second Moroccan Jew '\'murdered'\' within 48 hours
- Morocco denies reports on new suicide bombing attack
- Jerusalem: Palestinian shot dead after grabbing pistol from Israeli guard
- Israeli Security Guard Dies after East Jerusalem Shooting
- Fourteen Palestinians Killed, One Clinically Dead in Clashes with Israeli Soldiers