Moroccan Journalists Union calls to review current Press Code
The Moroccan Journalists Union (Syndicat National de la Presse Marocaine - SNPM) has called for a "comprehensive review" of the current Press Code to adapt it to the ongoing democratic process and to the "universal conventions on Human Rights."
According to MAP, the SNPM made this call Tuesday at the end of its 5th Congress attended by journalists from all parts of the kingdom.
The Union called for “a serious and responsible national dialogue with the state, the professional sectors and the civil society with a view to work out a national democratic media project.”
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Moroccan Press Union Welcomes Royal Amnesty Granted to Banned Journalists
- AL Baloushi Calls for a Press Conference to review
- New labor law in Morocco hailed
- Morocco's PM eyes economic and social reform to placate restive youth
- Air Strike on Nablus Following Karnei Shomron Attack; Qassam Rockets Hit Israeli Military Base