Moroccan Sahrawi Women Protest Against Pro-Polisario Meeting
A group of Moroccan Sahrawi women affiliated with the Sahrawi-Moroccan solidarity association of Europe, ASSME, staged a demonstration in Brussels Thursday to protest the holding of a pro-Polisario meeting on Sahrawi women.
The demonstrators, who were joined by other Moroccans settled in Belgium, contested the meeting’s right to speak on behalf of Sharawi women, and blamed the organizers for having invited Polisario-manipulated women who only defend their own interests as well as women of Algerian origin, reported the Maghrebe Arab Presse (MAP).
The demonstrators chanted slogans underscoring the Moroccan identity of the Sahara, and denouncing the blatant violations of human rights in the Polisario-controlled camps in Tindouf in south-western Algeria.
They also distributed photos and documents addressing alleged torture by the Polisario of people in the camps, said the agency - Albawaba.com
- Report: Sahrawis Rebel against Polisario
- Madrid Cancels Twinning Acts Between Spanish Muicipalities and Polisario-Controlled Camps in Tindouf
- Polisario Front rejects United Nations proposal for Western Sahara
- Polisario Front Frees 201 Prisoners of War
- Moroccan police crack down on protest in Western Sahara ahead of EU trade deal vote