Moroccan State Budget Deficit Stands at $90m End of September
The state general budget of Morocco recorded a deficit worth about $ 90 million in the first nine months of 2000, Maghrib Agency Press (MAP) reported, quoting the Moroccan ministry of economy, finance, privatization and tourism.
During the same period last year, the budget boasted a surplus totaling around $ 870 million, of which the second GSM License, which was sold for $ 1.1 billion accounted for 79 PC, the agency added.
The slump was caused by reductions in both fiscal and non-fiscal receipts up to the end of the third quarter, MAP added -- Albawaba.com
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Morocco’s State Budget Records $1.49b Deficit in 2000
- Vivendi deal expected to boost Moroccan economy
- latest economic brief on the oil market and budget developments, NBK
- Arab states cushion Palestinians from economic crisis with $100m per month 'financial safety net'
- Political and economic reforms in Morocco move on different tracks