Moroccan TV channels attacked for not covering theater festival
The coordinator of Marrakech Second Theater Festival, Omar al-Azuzi, ended last week, criticized the first and second Moroccan TV channels, which gave only minimal coverage to the festival, reported the July 29 edition of <i>Al-Sabah</i> newspaper. Al-Azuzi said that despite the letters that the festival's management forwarded to these TV channels, and in spite of a special application submitted by the festival's management to the minister of telecommunication; they did not devote significant attention to the festival's activities, in contradiction to the printed media.
It should be mentioned that Marrakech Second Theater Festival, which was held from July 13 to July 24, saw the participation of nine Moroccan theater groups, including those of Rabat, Casablanca (two groups), and Marrakech (three groups). In addition, several theater groups from
abroad, including from Tunisia, Belgium and Serbia, participated in this event.
- 38th edition of amateur theater festival to be held in Algerian cities
- Horsemen Festival ends in Moroccan Taounate province
- Cheb Mami wins the Monaco Musical Award for best Arab singer
- Samira Makhmalbaf portrays the big dreams, but small triumphs of Afghan women at Cannes
- Festival of Theater Opens in Marrakech