Moroccan women prefer to marry foreign nationals
A study published recently in the Moroccan capital, Rabat, shows that Moroccan women prefer to marry foreign man, especially Europeans, according to the Emirates newspaper, <i>Al-Bayan</i> ((August 8, 2005). The study, held by the Democratic Association of Moroccan Women, under the title "The Moroccan women and the right of transferring the citizenship to their children", mentioned that the number of Moroccan women who married foreigners rose from 996 women in 1997 to 2507 in 2001, compared to 314 and 1366 Moroccan men (in accordance) who married foreign women in the same two years.
- Study: High Costs, Nagging in-Laws Force Emirati Men to Mary Foreigners
- Saudi Arabia clamping down on male marriages to foreigners
- Presidential Decree Gives New Hope for National Women Married to Expatriates
- Jordanian Women's Rights Activists Protest for Citizenship Rights
- Moroccan prostitution market prospers