Morocco develops artificial heart
Moroccan Professor Wajih Mâazouzi and his group have succeeded in developing an artificial heart after six years of research and development, according to Afrik.com of Thursday 18 November.
Nine years ago Professor Wajih Mâazouzi succeeded in completing the first heart transplant in the Kingdom. The approximately 100 Moroccans who are waiting for a new heart have been given new hope.
Morocco is forced to send most its serious cardiologic patients overseas but the Professor's team is attempting to build domestic capability. (albawaba.com)
- World's First Permanent Artificial Heart Implanted into Israeli Patient
- Professor Sir Magdi Yacoub will be giving a lecture titled "In Search of Excellence".
- Telethon Raises $2.6m for Heart Center in Morocco
- World’s 1st Total Artificial Heart Patients Discharged Home Using SynCardia’s Freedom™ Portable Driver
- Belgian Association Pays for Heart Surgery of Moroccan Girl