Morocco, France present proposals on Euromed security
Morocco and France presented at the 11th Mediterranean forum, held in Paris between October 24-25, several ideas on Euromed security and defence cooperation, said Moroccan minister of foreign affairs and cooperation, Mohammed Benaissa.
Speaking at the Forum’s plenary session on Monday, the foreign minister said the proposals emphasize the importance of dialogue as an essential element of this cooperation, according to MAP news agency.
"We deem it necessary to reinforce dialogue and set up coordination tools between the EU’s Political and Security Committee (COPS) and South-Mediterranean countries."
"It could be meetings between the COPS and the Mediterranean partners, and between the two parties’ strategic experts". (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Algerian FM to head delegation to Mediterranean Forum in Paris
- EuroMed Ministers to Accent Economic, Social Cooperation, Ignoring Violence
- Euromed ministers convene against tense political backdrop
- PLO official: Kerry and his pro-Israeli security proposals will cause "total failure" of peace talks
- Iran presents package of proposals to world powers