Morocco sends strong delegation to Mediterranean Games
Morocco will be represented by 37 athletes (14 females and 23 males) at the 15th Mediterranean Games, scheduled to take place on June 24 to July 3 in Almeria, in Spain. Le Matin reports that the Moroccan delegation will be made up from a number of high-ranking athletes including a number of medal-holders, following the previous edition of the Mediterranean Games, which were held in Tunisia (Tunis-2001).
Among the promising athletes in the Moroccan delegation are the former champion of the world in 5,000m Salah Hissou, Mohcine Chehibi (800m), fourth at the OJ-2004 in Athens and Amine Laalou (800m). As for the female athletes, the delegation will include the Olympic silver medalist in 800m in Athens, Hasna Benhassi, Asmae Laghzaoui, double medal-winner in Tunis-2001 (gold in 10,000m and silver in 5.000m), and Zhor El Kamch, quintuple champion of the world in cross-country races.
- Brahim Boulami earns Morocco its first gold medal in the Mediterranean Games
- Almeria Games: Tunisian double gets bronze in petanque
- Zhor El Kamch Defends Rotterdam Marathon Title
- Children send messages on gender equality through the second EuropAid
- Strong Mideast presence at global international shipping show