Morocco, UAE Discuss Joint Ventures
Economic and political cooperation between UAE and Morocco is set to scale new heights with several joint initiatives under way, Morocco's Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation Minister, Mohammed bin Isa, said in Abu Dhabi on Saturday.
According tot he Gulf News, the two countries are discussing a free trade agreement, and a cooperation agreement is also likely to be signed between Dubai's Jebel Ali Free Zone and Al Funaidak, the upcoming free zone in northern Morocco.
An air transport agreement will also be signed.
"We are very keen to strengthen our relations with the UAE. There are a number of projects we are discussing," the visiting minister told reports.
The joint commission meeting is scheduled to take place by end-April or early May in Morocco.
“This is in continuation of the recent visit to the UAE of King Mohammed VI of Morocco,” he said.
"We held preparatory talks with the UAE Minister for Economy and Commerce and other officials today."
Bin Isa said Morocco will hold political consultations with Minister of State for Foreign Affairs Sheikh Hamdan bin Zayed Al Nahyan on the position of the two countries regarding the outcome of the summit in Amman.
Asked if any specific action plan was formulated, he said, "It will be a joint action." A joint business council will also be formed, the minister said – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- UAE building new city...in Morocco?! Joint venture signed for mega retail, leisure destination
- UAE, Morocco Discuss Joint Cooperation in Water Resources
- TASWEEK discusses UAE’s ‘investment power’ at 3rd Gulf-Moroccan Investment Forum
- Bin Zayed Group in joint venture with international consultancy firm
- LUKOIL OPENS DISCUSSIONS ON CHEVRON ORONITE JOINT VENTURE