Mosul: Five Iraqis killed in clashes
A 12-year-old Iraqi boy and four other Iraqis have been killed in a clash with US troops in the northern city of Mosul, it was reported Wednesday. Four bystanders were wounded, as were two American soldiers in the twin clashes in the city center.
In the first clash, attackers threw grenades and opened fire at a US Humvee and soldiers returned fire killing one of them.
A boy in a car travelling behind the Humvee was killed and four people were injured, said Captain Bassam Saleh Abdullah.
In the second incident, Iraqi fighters attacked US troops near the Tigris, before being shot by US troops.
- US says 25 Iraqis killed in Mosul clash
- Nine Iraqi fighters killed in Karbala clashes as two foreigners killed in Mosul attack
- Six Iraqis dead as US forces raid Mosul
- One American soldier shot dead as occupation forces kill two Iraqis
- Two American soldiers, Kurdish official killed; Another US copter hit