Motorola Executive Delivers Keynote at ‘Mobile Communications in the Developing World’ Conference
Motorola (NYSE: MOT) today announced its participation as a key sponsor of the upcoming ‘Mobile Communications in the Developing World’ conference being held by Osney Media on the 27th and 28th of March at Le Meridien, Dubai.
Focused on wirelessly bridging the digital divide in emerging markets, the conference has attracted senior executives from around the region, including the Commonwealth Telecommunications Organization and the African Telecommunications Union. The conference will provide a forum for industry experts from the Unions, providers and vendors the opportunity to explore ways of using mobile broadband solutions to move from digital divide to digital inclusion, especially in developing markets.
During the first day of the conference, Noel Kirkaldy, MEA Wireless Broadband Director, Motorola, will deliver a keynote on the economic ramifications of wireless broadband in developing markets. “It is critical to communicate with our peers in the industry to discuss realistic ways of utilizing the benefits of Motorola MOTOwi4™ WiMAX technology in the region to work towards a cost-effective solution for the unconnected,” he said. Motorola is committed to bringing this technology to successfully support operators’ growth in both emerging and mature markets.”
With the recent appointment of Scott Migaldi, director of Wireless Broadband Standards at Motorola, to the international WiMAX Forum™ Board of Directors, the company has strengthened its commitment to work with industry leaders worldwide to promote and certify the compatibility and interoperability of broadband wireless products.
- Motorola Executive Delivers WiMAX Keynote at 8th Arab Telecoms and Internet Conference in Muscat
- motorola highlights wimax viability for the middle east and north africa at wimax megna
- Motorola Calls for Greater Industry Support of Fixed and Wireless Phone Networks
- Motorola to Showcase Future of Mobile Communications at GSM 3G Middle East & Gulf Congress and Exhibition
- Motorola Heralds Convergence of Mobile and Fixed Communications Through Unlicensed Mobile Access